Top Reasons For Having a WordPress Website (after building multiple WordPress websites, it is all I use for my website clients now!)
- WordPress is very SEO search engine friendly. Google has stated it likes WordPress sites very much for the way the pages are formatted under the hood.
- WordPress separates content from design
- WordPress has hundreds of plugins and themes to add cool features to your website (over 10,000 plugins july 2014!)
- WordPress uses the latest technologies
- WordPress has a super clean, modern design
- WordPress has tons of free plugins and widgets and themes
- WordPress has a HUGE community of users and developers and support
- WordPress is used by 22.5% of all websites on the net!!
- WordPress makes up 14% of the TOP 1M websites
- you can update your website from anywhere
- you can create a website that looks great on all devices from smartphone to huge computer monitor
- WordPress uses the latest technologies and adds new ones constantly
- WordPress is cutting edge (and can be bleeding edge! lol)
- WordPress makes it easy to make a great, clean , functional website, by the way WP is designed
- WordPress is edited right in your web browser… no extra software needed except an image editor is a good thing to have (like photoshop)
- WordPress is like a great blueprint for a dream house, and then you get to modify that house to make it perfect for you… like colors, where you want walls, how many bathrooms, kitchen layouts, remote control lights, AC, what kind of heating system, etc…etc… BUT you are not starting with a blank sheet of paper in front of you!
- WordPress has its foundation in a database system, so if you ever want to move your website content to another website or another system, WP makes this easy. You can easily export your entire website to another website, like Joomla or Blogger, etc.
- WordPress has custom themes for any and all industries, which we then customize specifically for your needs! Real Estate – YES, Technical Product Sales – YES, Dentists – YES, you name it, there is a cool theme for your industry!
- WordPress has a powerful BLOG built in!, as a matter of fact, it was one of the first BLOG’s ever! I like to think of blogs as a great NEWS channel for your website! Quick and short posts on what is happening in your business! Just like Facebook, and twitter, but YOU control it, not FB & TWITTER!
- You control your site! You are not beholden to a web designer, once you are up and running! You can go in and edit a page, spelling, improvements, add a picture, create a “blog/news” yourself! That is powerful! And fast!
- Your site can grow easily as your business grows, as your budget grows, as your needs grow! With all the new PLUGINS and WIDGETS being created and upgraded, adding new exciting enhancements is easy!
- WordPress is multi user! This means you can set up user accounts for various people in your organization, as well as freelancers and people outside your company.
- due to the fact that WordPress separates “DESIGN” from “CONTENT” , you can literally redesign the entire look of your website in 5 seconds!!!!! I kid you not! Find a new theme, upload, make active, DONE!
- Once again, google loves wordpress! why?! because it is easy to update your website often vs. a static website. Google LOVES websites that update often! You can add a posting to your site from anywhere!! Use your smartphone in bermuda at a bar to update your site! lol… easy!!!
- WordPress editing is easy! If you can write an email or write a microsoft word doc, you can update your wordpress website!
- GOOGLE has even recommended wordpress as a great system to design your website in!!
- WordPress is supported by a thriving, engaged community. A recent study estimates that approximately 8% of the sites on the Internet are run by WordPress.
To give you a little perspective on this, I have been designing and coding web sites from the very beginning of the web in the early 90’s. In 2014, the only new websites I am creating are in WordPress! And I am encouraging all my current clients to switch over in 2015.